Throughout the years of working on Positively Present, I’ve discovered that one of the most essential aspects of living a positive and present life is this: keeping an open mind. This sounds much easier than it is, so I created a digital workbook to explore what I believe are the necessary steps needed to truly view the world from an open-minded perspective. The workbook is thoughtfully divided into four key sections:
- Defining Open-Mindedness: the term “open-minded” is much more than a dictionary definition; this section explores what it truly means to be open-minded in practice
- The Benefits of Open-Mindedness: there are many benefits to being open-minded (some less obvious than others!), and this section explores some of them in detail
- The Challenges of Open-Mindedness: unfortunately, there are many challenges to keeping an open mind, so this section explores them (with advice on how to combat them)
- Practicing Open-Mindedness: the final section looks at how open-mindedness can be applied in real work and provides actionable practice tips to encourage day-to-day open-minded thinking
The topic of open-mindedness is so important, but it’s often discussed at high levels of academia using scientific and psychological terms that make it feel abstract and difficult to practice. In the workbook, I strive to break down the basics of what it means to live with an open-mind and explore how to practice the skill of open-mindedness in an accessible way.
This 35-page workbook is by no means a full course on what it means to be open-minded, but it’s a great place to start exploring what having an open-mind truly means. An open mind isn’t something you just have; you have to actively work on it — and this workbook aims to show you how.
ABOUT THE WORKBOOK
Opening Your Mind is a empowering workbook designed to teach, inspire, and increase open-mindedness. The digital, downloadable PDF is a starting point for anyone who longs to cultivate a more open mind, as well as a thought-provoking exploration for anyone who already identifies with open-minded thinking.
Through the workbook’s four sections, you’ll learn precisely what an open mind means, as well as the benefits and challenges of keeping an open mind. You’ll also find innovative activities following each section that will inspire you to think outside the box and practice open-mindedness in real time. In addition to the workbook’s four sections, in the download you’ll find:
- 4 Mind-Opening Activities
- The exclusive A.W.A.R.E. Method
- Inspiring open-mindedness quotes
- Recommendations for further reading and learning
If you’ve been struggling with opening your mind (or just want to reinforce your current open-mindedness), this workbook is exactly what you need. We are in the midst of a time of great change, and it’s during such times that we need open-mindedness the most. Not only does it benefit the world to have more open-minded people, but, as you read through the Benefits section, you’ll be shocked by how much your own life can be transformed simply by aiming for a more open mind.
Open-mindedness is challenging — much more than you might realize — but it’s also an amazing way to create a better life for yourself and others. After reading through this workbook and engaging with the exercises, you’ll discover all the ways open-mindedness can improve your life. From creating stronger relationships to accessing more creativity to tackling stressful situations, open-mindedness is the key to making the most of what’s happening to you, whatever the situation, wherever you are. If you’re looking for more peace, acceptance, and meaning in your life, this workbook is for you. Click the box below to grab your copy and begin the amazing experience of opening your mind!